Looks like a power supply of some sort....Transformer....that ribbed thing is a rectifier I believe...and electrolytic caps....then the out put recepticle/port on the front.....perhaps missing a couple meters for those holes.
I bought this mystery piece at a ham fest today for $5. I have no idea what it is, but it has a couple of pieces of Altec iron in there. The power transformer is a TP-608-A. The smaller round transformer has the paint chipped on the first part of the ID, but it looks like TB 103*. It has 9 gold connector pins labeled 1-8 and the center pin is labeled S. Because of the paint chip, that T in TB 103* is just a guess. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be or have any specs on those transformers? A google search didn't turn up much. Pics here:
mystery Altec piece - a set on Flickr
Thanks.
Dan
Looks like a power supply of some sort....Transformer....that ribbed thing is a rectifier I believe...and electrolytic caps....then the out put recepticle/port on the front.....perhaps missing a couple meters for those holes.
Yeah, I'd say power supply too. Plate xfmr, selenium rectifier and filter caps. The Peerless lit I've gathered only goes back to '53, and those labels pre-date that. The later number convention has "P" as plate xfmr, but there's no "B" listed, so no idea what that is, maybe a choke.
I'd be pretty leery of plugging it in to the wall without a variac to help nurse those old caps back to life.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
Bookmarks